The Park West was originally opened on November 25, 1916 as the Lane Court Theater. At that time, the theater presented vaudeville acts, seating close to 1,000 people. The Lane Court eventually became the Town Theater, and then the Town Underground Theatre, screening independent films, including Andy Warhol‘s Chelsea Girls.
In the mid-1970s, after a tumultuous period, The Town changed ownership, was gutted and remodeled, and in May of 1977, re-opened as Park West, a nationally known concert hall for the leading musical acts of that time and recognized as the best music venue of its size in the country. In addition, it became the first video dance nightclub ever in Chicago, completely filling the venue weekly. In 1988, the current owners took over Park West, continuing the tradition of the best concert music hall for national touring acts. The facility was also renovated and adapted for corporate and private events. Historically, Park West has been and is one of the best places in Chicago to see a show or host an event.
Make your own history.Request Info